Petoskey's Gaslight District
Petoskey is a year-round resort community nestled on the shores of Lake Michigan's Little Traverse Bay. The town is known for cool comfortable lake breezes in the summer, fresh snow in the winter and many festivals and activities throughout the year.
Once you spend time in Petoskey and Harbor Springs you will want to make this your annual destination. We have so much to offer!
Casual and Family Friendly Dining in & around Petoskey
- Bob-In Again - frozen custard and food with a 50's flavor - located on Little Traverse Wheelway bike path
- Douglas Lake Bar - lakeside dining with amazing food
- Julienne Tomatoes - serving breakfast & lunch, pastries and tortes
- Mitchell Street Pub - the locals love this place and you will too
- Noggin Room - great food and entertainment
- Polish Kitchen - authentic polish food that is scrumptious!
- Roast and Toast - Fresh roasted coffee, soups and sandwiches
Fine Dining in Downtown Petoskey
- Chandlers - Outdoor patio dining, live entertainment
- City Park Grill - Seafood, steaks, pasta. Built in 1910, Ernest Hemingway used to spend time here!
- Palette Bistro - Open year round with beautiful views of Little Traverse Bay. Wonderful food and atmosphere.
- Stafford's Perry Hotel - A Petoskey landmark offering exquisite views of the Bay
- Twisted Olive - Breakfast, lunch & dinner. Coastal Mediterranean from Spain to Israel, from Morocco to Greece.
- Whitecaps - Overlooking Little Traverse Bay offering seafood, choice cut meats and great atmosphere.
Petoskey's Gaslight District has become a popular destination for art lovers. You will surely find a large variety and wonderful quality in the art work that can be found in this resort town. Some of the galleries that you will love include Shadetree Stained Glass Studio, Art Cats Gallery, and Sturgeon River Pottery. These are just a few of the stops that you will want to check out.
For a complete listing of the wonderful art galleries in Petoskey, check out the Petoskey Chamber of Commerce website.
Shopping in Petoskey
Visit Arlington Jewelers who offer award winning designs and custom jewelry. While there, check out the beautiful Fine Art Oil Paintings by Carolyn Chambers.
Stop into Grandpa Shorter's to check out their many Petoskey Stone items as well as Minnetonka Moccasins. Symon's General Store first opened it's doors in June 1960. This store is housed in the oldest brick structure in Petoskey. Pick up some old fashioned candy, unique spices, fresh baked goods and wide variety of cheeses.
The waterfront on Little Traverse Bay is host to many activities including softball games, concerts including the Petoskey Steel Drum Band, the Historic Festival and the Festival on the Bay. Stroll along the marina to admire the beautiful boats, bike ride to the waterfall for a picnic, let the kids play on the playground overlooking the bay or fish off of the pier. Once you witness one of our Million Dollar Sunsets, listen to the sound of the Seagulls fly overhead and experience all that Petoskey has to offer, you will find that visiting will become a tradition.
Events & Festivals
- Gallery Walk
- In-Water Boat Show, Bay Harbor
- Taste of the North
- Bay Harbor Vintage Car and Boat Festival
For a complete list of events please visit our Events Page