Harbor Springs is filled with summertime fun.
Boating, biking, hiking & million dollar sunsets are just a few of the activities that we have to offer. Mackinac Island, Lake Michigan beaches & the Inland Waterway are only minutes away. Take a walk on the beach, lounge in the sun with a good book or go fishing.
You may find it helpful to check out the summer calendar of events to investigate all of the festivals & local happenings. Below is an extensive list of many activities that you may enjoy.
Between the Petoskey State Park, Sturgeon Bay Beach, Zorn Park in downtown Harbor Springs & the Good Hart Beach, you will have many wonderful opportunities to swim, soak up the sun or build sandcastles with the family.
Whether you spend the day boating on the Inland Waterway or Little Traverse Bay, it will be a day to remember. There are several boat rentals to choose from .
- Bear River Canoe Livery, Petoskey 231-347-9038
- Classic Charters of Charlevoix, Bare boat or captained charters. 231-547-2195
- Lake Michigan Yacht Sales, Larson Boats available for rental. Will deliver to Harbor Springs or the Ironton Ferry in Charlevoix. Ask about their $350 afternoon special. 231-439-2675
- The Outfitter, Harbor Springs. Kayak rentals, 231-526-2621
- Spanky Sports, Crooked River. Pontoon boat, jet skis, tubes, wake boards, water skis. 231-548-5222.
- Windjammer Marina, Oden. Pontoon or ski boats & wave runners. Ask about their houseboat with the slide! When you are our guest, you will receive 10% off at the Windjammer! 231-347-6103
The Inland Waterway
Northern Michigan's Inland Waterway is a unique adventure sure to intrigue any boating enthusiast. Whether your looking for a leisurely excursion filled with fishing, wildlife and scenic beauty, or a more active journey with water skiing, tubing, swimming or dining, the Inland Waterway is sure to entertain the entire family.
We keep our 2 fishing ponds stocked throughout the summer for your enjoyment. You do not need even need a fishing license. However, if you do have a fishing license, we are within minutes of several inland lakes which offer great fishing.
- Bear River - Spring and fall are the best for bass, steelhead and brook trout.
- Burt Lake, Walleye, bass, pike,sturgeon
- Crooked Lake, US 31 in Oden. Walleye, smallmouth bass, pike or perch
- Little Traverse Bay, Lake Michigan. Check out the Petoskey breakwall or ask about fishing charters.
- CC Guide Service. Whether you are new to fly fishing, or a seasoned angler, our Northern Michigan Rivers have much to offer anyone seeking elusive trout. From dry fly sipping rainbows in a soft pool, to explosive action of browns
breaking the dead silence of the darkness, call Phil Croff,
your guide. 231-330-5762
- Trout and Salmon Charters-Ruddy Duck 231-347-3232
- Bay View Association, This historic Victorian community, just a 15 minute drive from Trout Creek, was recently named one of the nation's 12 "Prettiest Painted Places in America". Bay View offers Sunday evening vesper concerts mid-July to mid-August, classical music concerts & evening festival concerts. 231-347-6225
- Crooked Tree Arts Center, located in Petoskey's Gaslight District, offers an annual exhibition & concert series, classes & workshops. The Arts Center offers an Annual Home Tour & Gallery Walk.
- Young Americans, Boyne Highlands, Harbor Springs. These young, high-energy singers and dancers will delight you while you enjoy a great meal! They will be at Boyne Highlands to entertain you during July and August.
More Fun Things to Do
- Big Bear Adventures Canoe, kayak, raft and tube on the beautiful Sturgeon River. General store, gift shop and more.
- Biking, Boarding, Blading. Enjoy the scenery of some of the most impressive countryside in Michigan. You will love the Little Traverse Wheelway Bike Path that will take you from Charlevoix to Bay Shore to Petoskey, through Bay View and beyond the Harbor Springs Airport to downtown Harbor Springs. Latitude 45 in Petoskey has bike rentals, fat tire bikes and more.
- Cross-In-The-Woods, Indian River. Like millions of visitors from all over the world, you may be interested in visiting this awesome 55 foot high cross, made from a Redwood tree, open between April and October. 231-238-8973
- Farmers Market, Shop the Downtown Petoskey Farmers Market on Friday mornings from 9:00 to 12:30. Farmers are well stocked with seasonal goodies. Purchase a homemade pie and cut flowers for the table.
- Art Galleries Petoskey and Harbor Springs offer a wide variety of distictive galleries for you to browse through. You will surely want to stop in while strolling around Petoskey's Gaslight Shopping District and downtown Harbor Springs.
- Petoskey Cinema, 8 theater movie complex. 231-347-3480
- Pond Hill Farm in Harbor Springs is a must see & do activity. Homemade jellies & salsas, fresh produce, flowers and vegetables are just some of the wonderful items that Pond Hill offers. The kids will love to feed the farm animals. Have you ever slung a squash before?
- Zipline Adventure - at Boyne Highlands and Boyne Mountain. Join a tour guide as you sail through the trees and down the mountain.