Harbor Springs is filled with summertime fun.
Boating, biking, hiking & million dollar sunsets are just a few of the activities that we have to offer. Mackinac Island, Lake Michigan beaches & the Inland Waterway are only minutes away. Take a walk on the beach, lounge in the sun with a good book or go fishing.
You may find it helpful to check out the summer calendar of events to investigate all of the festivals & local happenings. Below is an extensive list of many activities that you may enjoy.
So many sandy beaches to choose from!
Closest to Trout Creek is the Petoskey State Park and Zorn Park in Harbor Springs, on Little Traverse Bay.
Sturgeon Bay Beach, just north of Harbor Springs & the Good Hart Beach are all Lake Michigan beaches.
Boating, Kayaking and Paddleboarding
Whether you spend the day boating on the Inland Waterway or Little Traverse Bay, it will be a day to remember. There are several boat rentals to choose from .
- Bear River Canoe Livery, Petoskey 231-347-9038
- The Outfitter, Harbor Springs. Kayak and Paddle Board rentals, 231-526-2621
- Windjammer Marina, Oden. Pontoon or ski boats & wave runners. Ask about their houseboat with the slide! When you are our guest, you will receive 10% off at the Windjammer! 231-347-6103
The Inland Waterway
Northern Michigan’s Inland Waterway is an all day adventure. Whether you love to fish, swim, tube or just relax and enjoy the beauty as you venture from Crooked Lake, Burt Lake and Mullett Lake through a series of rivers and locks.
We keep our 2 fishing ponds stocked in the summer and you don’t need a fishing license. However, if you do have a fishing license, we are within minutes of several inland lakes which offer great fishing. For more info…read more.
- Bear River – Spring and fall are the best for bass, steel-head and brook trout.
- Burt Lake, Walleye, bass, pike,sturgeon
- Crooked Lake, US 31 in Oden. Walleye, smallmouth bass, pike or perch
- Little Traverse Bay, Lake Michigan. Check out the Petoskey breakwall or ask about fishing charters.
- CC Guide Service. For fly fishing our Northern Michigan Rivers call Phil Croff, your guide. 231-330-5762
- Bay View Association, This historic Victorian community, just a 15 minute drive from Trout Creek, was recently named one of the nation’s 12 “Prettiest Painted Places in America“. Bay View offers Sunday evening vesper concerts mid-July to mid-August, classical music concerts & evening festival concerts. 231-347-6225
- Crooked Tree Arts Center, located in Petoskey’s Gaslight District, offers an annual exhibition & concert series, classes & workshops. The Arts Center offers an Annual Home Tour & Gallery Walk.
- Young Americans, Boyne Highlands, Harbor Springs. These young, high-energy singers and dancers will delight you while you enjoy a great meal! They will be at Boyne Highlands to entertain you during July and August.
More Fun Things to Do
- Big Bear Adventures Canoe, kayak, raft and tube on the beautiful Sturgeon River. General store, gift shop and more.
- Biking, Boarding, Blading. Enjoy the scenery of some of the most impressive countryside in Michigan. The Little Traverse Wheelway Bike Path will take you from Harbor Springs to Petoskey to Charlevoix. Latitude 45 in Petoskey has bike rentals, fat tire bikes and more.
- Cross-In-The-Woods, Indian River. Like millions of visitors, you may be interested in visiting this 55 foot high cross, made from a Redwood tree, open April and October. 231-238-8973
- Farmers Market, Shop the Downtown Petoskey Farmers Market on Friday mornings from 9:00 to 12:30. Farmers are well stocked with seasonal goodies.
And Even More Fun Things to Do!
- Art Galleries Petoskey and Harbor Springs offer a wide variety of distinctive galleries for you to browse through. You will surely want to stop in while strolling around Petoskey’s Gaslight Shopping District and downtown Harbor Springs.
- Lyric Movie Theatre – Harbor Springs – 3 beautiful theaters on Main Street.
- Pond Hill Farm in Harbor Springs is a must see & do activity. Homemade jellies, salsas and fresh produce, are just some of the wonderful items that Pond Hill offers. The kids will love to feed the farm animals.
- Zipline Adventure – at Boyne Highlands – across from Trout Creek. Join a tour guide as you sail through the trees and down the mountain.