Summertime Adventures in Petoskey and Harbor Springs
Beaches and Lakes
The water of Lake Michigan is refreshing, clear, clean and provides for so many activities. The warm sandy beaches of Little Traverse Bay feel so nice between your toes. Relax with a good book, headphones or hunt for Petoskey Stones. And there are so many sandy beaches to choose from!
Only 7 minutes to the closest beach is the Petoskey State Park in one direction and 10 minutes in the other to Zorn Park in Harbor Springs.
Make sure to keep Sturgeon Bay Beach & the Good Hart Beach (north of Harbor Springs) in mind too. Well worth the drive.
Boating, Kayaking and Paddleboarding
Whether you spend the day boating on the Inland Waterway or Little Traverse Bay, it will be a day to remember.
- Bahnhoff Sport – Petoskey. Bikes, SUP’s, Kayaks – 800-253-7078
- Bear River Canoe Livery, Petoskey 231-347-9038
- The Outfitter, Harbor Springs. Kayak and Paddle Board rentals, 231-526-2621
- Windjammer Marina, Oden. Pontoon, ski boats & wave runners. Ask about their houseboat with the slide! When you are our guest, you will receive 10% off at the Windjammer! 231-347-6103
The Inland Waterway
Northern Michigan’s Inland Waterway is an all day adventure. Fish, swim, tube or just relax and enjoy the beauty as you venture from Crooked Lake, Burt Lake and Mullett Lake through a series of rivers and locks.
Boat rentals are available at the Windjammer Marina on Crooked Lake – 231-347-6103.
Trout Creek has 2 stocked fishing ponds on-site. These private ponds do not require a fishing license. However, if you do have a fishing license, we are just minutes to several inland lakes which offer great fishing. For more info…read more.
- Bear River – Spring and fall are the best for bass, steel-head and brook trout.
- Burt Lake – Walleye, bass, pike, sturgeon
- Crooked Lake – US 31 in Oden. Walleye, smallmouth bass, pike or perch
- Little Traverse Bay – Lake Michigan. Check out the Petoskey breakwall or read about local fishing charters.
- CC Guide Service – For fly fishing our Northern Michigan Rivers call Phil Croff, your guide. 231-330-5762
- Bay View Association, This historic Victorian community, just 15 minutes from Trout Creek, was named one of the nation’s 12 “Prettiest Painted Places in America”. Bay View offers Sunday evening vesper concerts mid-July to mid-August, classical music concerts & evening festival concerts. 231-347-6225
- Crooked Tree Arts Center, located in Petoskey’s Gaslight District, offers an annual exhibition & concert series, classes & workshops. The Arts Center offers an Annual Home Tour & Gallery Walk.
- Young Americans, Boyne Highlands, Harbor Springs. These young, high-energy singers and dancers will delight you while you enjoy a great meal! They will be at Boyne Highlands to entertain you during July and August.
More Fun Things to Do
- Big Bear Adventures Canoe, kayak, raft and tube on the beautiful Sturgeon River. General store, gift shop and more.
- Biking, Boarding, Blading. Enjoy the scenery of some of the most impressive countryside in Michigan. Latitude 45 in Petoskey has bike rentals, fat tire bikes and more.
- Farmers Market, Shop the Downtown Petoskey Farmers Market on Friday mornings from 9:00 to 12:30. Wednesday and Saturday mornings in Harbor Springs. Memorial Weekend through Labor Day. Farmers are well stocked with seasonal goodies.
- Little Traverse Bay Ferry – Travel around Little Traverse Bay between Petoskey, Harbor Springs & Bay Harbor on the ferry. What a fun way to be on the water while avoiding traffic at the same time.
And Even More Fun Things to Do!
- Art Galleries Petoskey and Harbor Springs offer a wide variety of distinctive galleries for you to browse through. You will surely want to stop in while strolling around Petoskey’s Gaslight Shopping District and downtown Harbor Springs.
- Lyric Movie Theatre – Harbor Springs – 3 beautiful theaters on Main Street.
- Pond Hill Farm in Harbor Springs is a must see & do activity. Homemade jellies, craft beer and wine are just some of the wonderful items that Pond Hill offers. The kids will love to feed the farm animals.
- Zipline Adventure – at Boyne Highlands – across from Trout Creek. Join a tour guide as you sail through the trees and down the mountain.