What is there to do in Harbor Springs, Michigan?
This Lake Michigan community has offered visitors unparalleled scenic beauty, small town charm and a picturesque setting for generations. Explore exceptional restaurants, shops, outdoor events & festivals. Trout Creek is only 10 minutes from the downtown area. This 4 season small town is located on little Traverse Bay, Lake Michigan with clean, unsalted fresh water to kayak, sail, swim and fish.
What are the Best Things to do in Harbor Springs?
- Golf at Highlands of Harbor Springs, Chestnut Valley
- Spend the day at Zorn Park – the sandy beach in town
- Bike along the shores of Little Traverse Bay
- Admire historical homes in Wequetonsing
- Take in a movie at the Lyric Theatre
- Drive through the famous Tunnel of Trees
- Ski at Nub’s Nob or Boyne Highlands
- Paddleboard on Little Traverse Bay
- Pond Hill Farm – Café, Winery, Brewery
- Thorne Swift Nature Preserve
harbor springs, michigan
dining & goodies
Events and Festivals in Harbor Springs
- Street Musique – Summer Thursday Evenings
- 4th of July – Parade, fireworks & waterfront art show
- July – Women’s Club Art Fair – Nubs Nob
- July – Annual Blissfest Outdoor Music Festival
- July – Little Traverse Yacht Club Regatta
- Sept – Taste of Harbor Springs
- Sept – Festival of the Book
- Dec – Christmas Open House
- Harbor Springs Chamber Events Calendar
A Real Artist Community
“Friday in Harbor Springs was like a scene out of Norman Rockwell! Very cool!” Leigh, Ohio
As recently stated by local artist Gail Hosner, “Here there’s a simplicity that frees an artist’s mind, so they can focus on the beauty around them.” Audrey Shapiro, says that she was drawn to the area because the water and empty spaces were sources of inspiration for her. “Either it’s the wide expanse, the colors, the sounds, just all your senses are awakened when you’re by the water.
It’s just where I can be the calmest and stop my brain from chattering.” Painter Trisha Witty of Harbor Springs & the Witty Galerie, added that “artists in Northern Michigan are fortunate to be able to make a living.