People travel from literally all over the world to visit Mackinac Island, one of Michigan’s true treasures. Of course the island offers lodging but when you can stay in a condo just 30 minutes away and also spend time in the resort towns of Petoskey and Harbor Springs…Trout Creek is the perfect answer.
- Location – Trout Creek is centrally located between Harbor Springs, Petoskey and Mackinac
- Ride the Shepler’s Ferry or Mackinac Island Ferry to the island – the kids will love it!
- Historic Aspect – Fort Holmes, Biddle House which features the Mackinac Island Native American Museum and of course Fort Mackinac
- Carriage Tours to several of the most visited sites with either the public tour or the private tour
- Bike around the island – cars aren’t permitted on the island – and the ride is full of beautiful scenery, places to stop by the water & its only 8 miles!
- Explore the interior of the island too – beautiful trails, the Governor’s Mansion
- Unique places to visit like the Original Butterfly and Insect World, Grand Hotel and Surrey Hill
- Dine overlooking the Straits of Mackinac at the Pink Pony, Mary’s Bistro and others
- Visit Anne’s Tablet
- Fudge – Definitely do not forget about the Mackinac Island Fudge! So many wonderful shops to buy your fudge right on Main Street
When you arrive on the island stop at the Tourism Office for more information about everything to see and do there.