Looking for a quiet snowsport while others are out skiing or snowboarding? Snowshoeing is such a beautiful, peaceful and fun way to explore the woods and trails of northern Michigan. You can virtually snowshoe anywhere there is snow. The trails don’t need to be groomed like with Cross Country Skiing because you are basically walking on top of the snow. And you just wear your winter snow boots so that your feet are warm and dry. If you have poles they may come in handy for balance.
1. Trout Creek Trails – hop on the marked trails from the condo. Be sure to pick up a handy Hiking Trail Map at the front desk to keep in your pocket. And if you don’t have your own snowshoes…borrow them at the front desk! Easy peasy 🙂
2. Petoskey State Park – Trails and hike along the Lake Michigan Beach
3. Pond Hill Farms – So much fun for the whole family at Pond Hill – sledding, kid activities and grown up activities
4. Bear River Area Recreation Area – Snowshoe along the Bear River – so peaceful and serene
5. Crooked Vine – Situated on 38 acres of panoramic views with a 1/2 mile trail to explore
6. Little Traverse Conservancy Nature Preserves – including Offield Family Viewlands
Check out area info on snowshoeing and cross country skiing as well as places to rent snowshoes.